Staff Writer, Bangkok
Lifestyle Asia is seeking a new Staff Writer to join the Bangkok-based editorial team immediately. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, highly organised, forward-thinking, digitally savvy, editorially sharp and able to multitask with ease. He or she will also have a strong personal and professional interest in the luxury lifestyle topics we cover—and have fresh ideas about how to cover those areas. We are looking for someone who can contribute to some or all of the following verticals: Dining, Style, Travel, Culture, Wellness, Gear and Scene.
- Pitch, research, report and write 1-2 engaging, highly clickable, immediately shareable stories per day relating to luxury lifestyle topics in Bangkok.
- Update events listings, Hot 10 section and photo galleries on a regular basis.
- Conduct photo research as needed.
- Represent Lifestyle Asia at high-profile events, including media tastings, boutique openings, press previews, and other networking events in Bangkok.
- Create and maintain relationships with local influencers, PRs and luxury brands.
- Work with local sales team to generate creative ways to produce sponsored content.
- Thai National or has right to work in Thailand.
- Fresh graduates are welcomed. Experience in writing and/or editing in English media/publishing is a bonus.
- University degree holder, preferably in journalism, writing, communications or related field.
- Ability to write quickly and accurately on deadline without sacrificing quality.
- Solid understanding of trending topics and news in addition to the luxury lifestyle market/audience.
- Attention to detail, stickler for accuracy and grammar.
- Familiarity with the fast pace of online publishing.
- Savvy with a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Fluent in English.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on experience. Salary is also commensurate with experience. Preference will be given to those who have experience working in a digital environment. Interested parties, please send resume/CV and cover letter, including expected salary and date of availability, to email@example.com. Please also indicate which of our coverage topics are among your areas of expertise, and send links or PDFs of your published work.
About Lifestyle Asia
Lifestyle Asia is the essential guide to living the good life in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. We’re a one-stop shop for the latest news in international fashion, dining, luxury travel, VIP events and nightlife, health and beauty, must-see art and high-end gadgets.